The Holiday activities and food programme is a government initiative that aims to provide healthy food and enriching activities during school holidays, primarily to children and young people aged 5 to 16 who are eligible for free school meals. It is funded by the Department for Education (DfE).
However, there are also a selection of activities and events that children who don’t qualify for free school meals can enjoy too, as well as younger and older children in the family.
Our aim is for Oldham’s children to socialise, learn and play during the summer holidays and have a great time doing it.
This year’s programme includes:
- School holiday activities
- Healthy and nutritious meals for all children and young people attending
- A wide range of fun, physical and enriching activities
- Education around healthy eating and preparing food
- Information and advice for parents and carers
- A safe space for children to interreact with others